Sunday, January 13, 2008

Is odd wrong?

I was sent a link to this video by a friend, I'd suspect because of it's title and subject. The tag from the web site said, "62-year-old Larry Perrier has built a small but loyal community of followers around St. Petersburg, Florida due to his running obsession and his unorthodox style. But a deeper look into why he runs reveals a man who is troubled, compulsive, and yet a legend in his own right. " After viewing the video, I'd agree that Larry might be a little compulsive, but I'd have a tough time saying he was troubled. More likely, I'd say that he is different than the norm and sometimes society uses labels like "troubled" on those they can't understand. Personally, he looks like somebody I'd like to spend some time with on the trail.






0 comments: